Get the Most Out of Your Insurance
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota members have certain rights and responsibilities to ensure they get the most out of their healthcare plan. Below is a list of these rights and responsibilities.
As a member of the plan, you have the right to:
- Receive information about Blue Cross, its services, its practitioners and providers and member rights and responsibilities
- Be treated with respect and recognition of your dignity and your right to privacy.
- Participate with providers in making decisions about your healthcare.
- A candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for your conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- Voice complaints or appeals about us, or the healthcare the plan provides.
- Make recommendations regarding our member rights and responsibilities policy.
If you would like to voice a complaint, please call the Customer Service Department number on the back of your ID card.
As a member of the plan, you have the responsibility to:
- Supply information (to the extent possible) that we need for payment of your care and your providers need in order to provide care.
- Follow plans and instructions for care that you have agreed to with your providers and verify through the benefit booklet provided to you the coverage or lack thereof under your plan.
- Understand your health problems and participate in developing mutually agreed-upon treatment goals, to the degree possible.